What to Bring to Rehab
Making the decision to begin the drug and alcohol rehab process can be stressful. Not only will you have to leave home, but you may be faced with withdrawal symptoms, emotional symptoms and the fear of change. Luckily, Pacific Sands Recovery is equipped with experienced staff members who can help ease the stress and pain that may otherwise be inflicted if one decides to attempt to treat themselves at home. In addition, we like to make the planning process as easy as possible which is why we have listed what to bring to rehab and what not to bring to rehab here in Orange County, CA.
What Personal Items to Bring to Rehab
- Books or magazines to read during down time. Materials with positive or motivational messaging are recommended.
- Photos of family, friends and pets
- Medication in its original packaging
- Valid ID (e.g., driver’s license, passport, insurance card)
- A blank notebook for journaling and reflection
- A music device that IS NOT WiFi enabled. Any electronics with WiFi will be secured during the initial blackout period.
- Prepaid Visa cards for purchasing. Cash is not allowed.
Do not bring pre-workout supplements or energy drinks. These items will be confiscated.
Hygiene and Self Care Products to Bring to Rehab
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Soap, face wash and lotion
- Shampoo, conditioner and hairbrush
- Feminine hygiene products
Do not bring any products that contain alcohol such as perfume, hairspray, mouthwash or hand sanitizer. Lotions or salves containing CBD are also not allowed.
Clothing to Bring to Rehab
- Two weeks of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing
- A light to mid-weight jacket (it can get chilly by the beach!)
- Shorts no less than 6-inches from the top of your thigh
- One or two nicer outfits for special occasions
- Socks and undergarments
- Bathing suit
- Pajamas and Bathrobe
- Slippers or Sneakers
- Orthotics or prescription footwear, if applicable
What Clothing Not to Bring to Rehab
- Are overly provocative
- Have drug or alcohol imagery
- Have explicit language
- Show any gang affiliations
- Allude to or specifically cite hate speech or hate crimes
These items will be confiscated if you bring them into the center to protect our other clients and their sobriety.
The next step after figuring out what to bring to rehab is to contact your desired treatment center and find out when you can come in. Our staff at Pacific Sands Recovery are here to help answer any additional questions you may have. Deciding to go to rehab is a big step and we want you to know that we are here to help. To learn more about our admissions process, visit our admissions page or contact us below.