When someone gets lost in the world of addiction, they often recognize the problem. Yet they may not know how to pull themselves out of it. With that in mind, Pacific Sands Recovery offers drug rehab near Irvine, California.
We understand how to teach clients where their addiction comes from. Then, we show them the way out. As a result, clients can enjoy a life of good health and sobriety.
The Need for Drug Rehab in Irvine, CA
Irvine is part of the Los Angeles area in Southern California. Part of Orange County, Irvine has a population of about 307,000 people as of 2020. The town’s close proximity to the beach means a host of activities to enjoy. Additionally, it’s a short drive to the mountains, making this part of the state a perfect place for outdoor activities.
Irvine boasts year-round warm weather. Many people enjoy being part of the heart of the entertainment community. A myriad of choices for restaurants, shopping, museums, and live cultural events make this an ideal place to live or visit.
Other alarming statistics about addiction in the Irvine area include:
- Fentanyl overdose deaths increased by 101% from 2019 to 2020
- In Orange County, on average, 1 person dies from an accidental prescription drug overdose every other day
- 5,500 people are hospitalized yearly for substance abuse in Orange County
- Another 700 people die each year as a result of substance abuse
Going to rehab can intimidate just about anyone. They may picture an impersonal, clinical location that might feel scary. To say nothing of the fear that they will feel judged by strangers. In contrast, drug rehab near Irvine, California proves to be quite different.
First, doctors, therapists, and other staff members understand that addiction is a disease. They provide compassionate care for each patient. Not only this but staff members are trained to understand the specific needs of those struggling with addiction. They approach substance use disorders with the same professionalism a doctor would use for any other medical disorder.
Drug rehab addresses the person in their entirety. In other words, it heals their body, mind, and spirit. Someone who has spent time dealing with an addiction to drugs or alcohol has suffered in all of those areas. First, rehab helps a person begin to put their physical health back together. Just by virtue of eliminating drugs or alcohol, the body can begin to repair itself.
Second, about half of people who deal with addiction also have a mental health disorder. Under those circumstances, they benefit from getting care for it at the same time. Dual diagnosis care helps a person heal in complementary ways. For example, someone who abuses substances often finds that their mental health symptoms worsen. Rehab helps them quit using substances, which means their mental health improves.
Alternatively, someone who deals with depression or anxiety might abuse cocaine, heroin or other drugs or alcohol in an attempt to self-medicate. Proper mental health care often reduces their desire to use substances. Rehabs help people put aftercare programs in place. This way, they can continue to stay on a sober path after they leave treatment.
Spending time in drug rehab near Irvine, California doesn’t mean a person just gets off drugs or alcohol. Actually, many benefits come out of going to a rehab program.
These benefits can include:
- Learning to manage the temptation to relapse
- Reducing or eliminating withdrawal symptoms
- Medical support, especially during the potentially dangerous detox process
- Structured support from addiction professionals
- Learning how a person’s addiction got started
- Treating any co-occurring mental health disorders
- Finding peer support
- Learning healthy coping skills
- A schedule that keeps a person from downtime that might result in the temptation to drink or use drugs
- Setting up aftercare to help keep the person on a sober path