Understanding Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine alters the brain’s reward system. Repeated use quickly leads to tolerance, dependence, and addiction. As the brain becomes less responsive to the drug, more of it is needed to achieve the same effect. This cycle of increasing drug use spirals out of control and quickly leads to devastating consequences.
Signs of Cocaine Addiction
Signs of cocaine addiction, like other addictions, depend on the person and other factors. Drug use itself is a sign their drug use could turn into addiction. Still, there are some common signs to watch for if someone’s substance use is getting out of control and they should seek professional help.
Common signs that may indicate someone is struggling with a cocaine addiction:
- Intense cravings
- Increased tolerance
- Loss of control
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Changes in appearance and hygiene
- Social withdrawal
- Legal and financial issues
- Mood swings
- Health problems
- Relationship problems
- Loss of interest in activities they once enjoyed
Addiction is a treatable disease. Seeking professional help is the first step to recovery. If someone is struggling with cocaine addiction, Pacific Sands Recovery offers confidential cocaine detox in Orange County, CA. We provide private rooms in a safe and comfortable setting as well as personalized recovery plans with evidence-based treatment including dual diagnosis.
Effects of Cocaine Addiction
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, cocaine was involved in nearly 1 in 5 overdose deaths in 2019. Further, they report over 5 million people (2% of the population) reported current cocaine use in 2020. Also alarming is that almost 16,000 Americans died from cocaine-related overdoses in 2019. Indeed, cocaine addiction carries a high risk of severe consequences.
- Physical Effects: Cocaine use comes with a host of possible health complications. These include cardiovascular, respiratory, and gastrointestinal problems. As well as permanent damage to nasal passages and an increased risk of heart attack or stroke. Long-term or heavy use can also lead to weight loss, malnutrition, and a weakened immune system.
- Mental and Emotional Effects: Cocaine addiction also seriously impacts mental and emotional well-being. Users may experience anxiety, restlessness, irritability, and paranoia. Long-term cocaine use often leads to mental health disorders, such as depression and anxiety, as well as cognitive impairments, including decreased attention span and memory loss.
- Social and Financial Consequences: Like other addictions, cocaine addiction affects relationships, careers, and financial stability. People suffering from active addiction often alienate themselves from loved ones and support systems. Also, the costs of obtaining cocaine quickly become staggering, leading to financial ruin and legal problems.
Seeking Help and Treatment Options for Cocaine Detox in Orange County
Overcoming cocaine addiction is difficult but not impossible with the right treatment and support. The first step in overcoming cocaine addiction is recognizing the problem and seeking professional drug addiction treatment. Pacific Sands Recovery offers the following programs and services for drug and alcohol addiction treatment at our luxury rehab.
- Dual Diagnosis
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Individual therapy and counseling
- Group Therapy
- Medication-Assisted Treatment MAT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Confidential Cocaine Detox Program in Orange County, California
At Pacific Sands Recovery, we understand that detoxing from cocaine is an incredibly difficult journey. We strive to provide our clients with the best possible care and support throughout their treatment program. Our experienced team of professionals specializes in helping individuals overcome their addictions and live healthy, fulfilling lives.
We offer comprehensive treatment plans tailored to each individual’s needs that include dual diagnosis treatment, cognitive-behavioral therapy, group therapy sessions, aftercare planning, and more. With our help and compassionate support, you can take back control of your life and conquer addiction for good.
Start Your Cocaine Detoxification Today
Contact us to speak to an addiction specialist to learn more about our approach to addiction treatment and cocaine detoxification in Orange County, CA.