When you decide to take the first steps to recovery from your alcohol use or substance use disorder, you will have to decide what type of rehab facility and accommodations you would prefer. For example, some rehab centers will require you to share a room with a complete stranger, while luxury treatment facilities offer rehab with private rooms.
What Is a Rehab with Private Rooms?
A rehab with private rooms is an addiction treatment facility that offers private room accommodations for people to stay in during the treatment program. Private rooms have advantages over shared rooms, such as increased privacy and more personal space.
Why Would I Want a Private Room in Rehab?
Starting rehab can cause you to feel stressed and overwhelmed at times. Having a private space where you can meditate, relax, and focus on your recovery can help you successfully maintain your sobriety. In addition, you do not have to worry about distractions or feel uncomfortable sharing a space with someone else.
Furthermore, for rehab to be effective, you may be at the treatment facility for several months. So having a private space of your own can make transitioning through the ups and down you experience easier to manage.
What Are the Benefits of a Private Room?
When you request a private room at a rehab facility, you gain several benefits of having to share a room with someone else, including:
- Increased Privacy: One of the most important benefits of a private room in rehabilitation is the increased privacy it offers. When you’re in a private room, you’re not exposed to the distractions of other people and their conversations, allowing you to focus more on your recovery.
- Improved Therapy: With a private room, you’ll have more opportunities for one-on-one therapy with your counselors. This allows for more personalized attention and can help you get better faster.
- More Control: In a private room, you’ll have more control over your environment. You’ll be able to set up your space to suit your needs and preferences, and as you heal, you’ll have the freedom to make changes to your space as needed.
- Enhanced Comfort: A private room also allows for enhanced comfort. You’ll be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of your own space, and you won’t have to worry about being disturbed or uncomfortable in shared spaces.
- Improved Concentration: With fewer distractions, you’ll be able to concentrate more on your recovery. This will give you the best chance of success in your journey to sobriety.
What Personalizations Can I Make to a Private Room in Rehab?
The personalizations you can make at a rehab with private rooms will vary. It depends on the facility’s rules. In general, you can bring items, such as pictures of family and friends, your favorite pillow and blanket, and a stuffed toy or other comfort items. Some facilities will also allow you to have a house plant or two.
Besides a Private Room, What Other Amenities Should I Look for in a Rehab?
When choosing a rehabilitation facility, there are many amenities you should look for. These include comfortable accommodations, recreational activity access, nutritious meals, and supportive staff.
Additionally, you should look for a facility that has a variety of therapies available, including individual and group counseling, as well as alternative therapies like art therapy or yoga. Lastly, you should also look for a facility with a strong aftercare program that will help you transition back into normal life.
What Things Do I Need to Focus on in Rehab?
When you’re in rehab, there are many things you should focus on. These include understanding the root causes of your addiction, learning to cope with cravings and triggers, developing healthier coping skills, setting achievable goals for recovery, and building a support system.
Additionally, it’s essential to focus on self-care while in rehab. This includes getting enough restful sleep, eating nutritious meals, exercising regularly, and engaging in activities that make you feel happy and relaxed.
Furthermore, having a private room helps ensure you can focus on each aspect of your rehab treatment. You will have time to process and reflect at the end of each day’s treatment. Having this added alone time can provide the private space you need to better understand your addiction and continue to move forward.
How Does a Private Room Help Me Create My Own Space?
Being by yourself in a private room at rehab may seem counterproductive since isolation and withdrawal are common signs of addiction. However, having this space as you start your recovery journey can make it easier to transition to living sober.
Additionally, while your addiction may have had you spiraling out of control, having a private room provides you with something you have some control over as you regain control of your life.
Luxury Rehab with Private Rooms in Orange County, CA
At Pacific Sands Recovery Center in Orange County, CA, our luxury rehab facility offers private rooms along with personalized treatment programs to help you start your recovery journey. For further information about our treatment center or to start your rehab, contact us today.