If someone or someone they love is seeking help for an addiction to drugs or alcohol, the first step involves deciding what treatment program will work best. Pacific Sands Recovery offers inpatient addiction treatment in Orange County allows clients to immerse themselves in the vital care they need.
Our comprehensive addiction treatment repairs the physical, mental, and emotional damage substance abuse causes. As a result, people are able to achieve their recovery goals. Furthermore, staying in long-term treatment makes a person more likely to stay sober for life.
Who Needs Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Orange County?
Inpatient addiction treatment most often sees clients who have very severe addictions. Hence, these people are not able to ignore substance cravings on their own. As a result, they prove likely to relapse if they attend an outpatient rehab program.
In addition, uncomfortable and painful side effects can happen during detox. Inpatient care can provide any needed medications 24/7 to help ease them. Moreover, inpatient treatment often benefits those who have tried to quit using drugs and alcohol on their own and failed.
Most who try to quit without help do not succeed. Additionally, many people have tried outpatient treatment and found it did not work for them. They respond better to inpatient care because it gives them round-the-clock access to the support they need.
Not every client is right for inpatient addiction treatment. For one, if the addiction is not considered severe, outpatient care may work better. However, if any of the following applies, inpatient treatment may work the best.
- Being addicted for a long period of time
- Consuming large quantities of drugs or alcohol
- Previously completing an outpatient program, but have relapsed back into regular substance abuse
- Having a co-occurring mental health condition
- Being at risk of severe or life-threatening withdrawal symptoms
- Living with someone who also abuses drugs or alcohol
- Having a family member who enables substance abuse
Benefits of Inpatient Addiction Treatment in Orange County
Inpatient addiction treatment offers a number of benefits. These should be considered when deciding which treatment program to attend.
The benefits include:
- Being in a safe, substance-free environment
- Living in a homelike, comfortable place
- Having the support of addiction treatment professionals, as well as the support of fellow clients
- Information that helps people understand the disease of addiction
- Skills to help them avoid relapse
- Time and space to think about their addiction, and how it has affected their life
- Treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders
What Happens After Inpatient Addiction Treatment?
Treatment does not end when a person completes inpatient addiction treatment in Orange County. In fact, the longer a person stays in treatment, the more likely they are to stay sober for life. After inpatient, many people use less restrictive programs to ease back into their daily lives. This can include outpatient programs and sober living homes.
We also encourage our clients to enroll in aftercare programs when they leave our facility. For example, this can include 12-Step groups and other support groups. Additionally, many people continue with addiction therapy. As such, aftercare treatment helps increase the odds a person will not relapse.